Welcome toBALOCHISTAN POLICE

                                
 
  Vision Statement of IGP
  Special Initiatives
  Police Structure
  Crime Statistics / MWC
  Personnel & Logistics
  Photo Gallery
  Contact Information
    Budget    
    Shuhda Gallery     
    Provincial / District's Profile    
    Training    
  Projects
    Miscellaneous    
    Articles/Books/Magazines/Cartoons    
  Sports Activities    
  International Police Association (IPA)    
  Advertisment    
  FAQ
 
News & Updates
Meeting scheduled between representatives of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and Acting Inspector General of Police Balochistan Quetta was held on 07.03.2012 at 11:30 hours in the Central Police Office, Balochistan.

During the meeting establishment of more CBT Centres were discussed in details. The Representative of UNODC pointed out that they have already selected venues both in RTC Tippu Line and Police Line CCP Quetta for establishment of CBT Centres.

They further pointed out that they will be distributing Crime Scene Investigation Kits in all Police Stations in Quetta. These Investigation Kits will be used by the Mobile Staff of each Police Station to act as First Responder for which the

Police Station Staff will be trained by UNODC. The UNODC Representative also showed interest in the enhancement of skills of Police Officers involved in the handling of forensic science issues. For this purpose a “Train the Trainers Program” (ToT)

will be conducted by UNODC for the officers of Police Training Institutes. The UNODC has recently handed over 730 bicycles to Balochistan Police which were further distributed to the field staff.

CPO Training Branch in collaboration with ROZEN conducted a Training of Trainers (ToT) course on Attitudinal Change Module for the Instructors of PTC Sariab / RTC Kachmore from 15.12.2011 to 23.12.2011 at CPO Auditorium Hall.

Training programme was attended by 23 Instructors both from PTC Sariab Quetta and RTC Kachmore Quetta Cantt. On conclusion of the training programme, successful participants were distributed Certificates.

CPO Training Branch in collaboration with ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) conducted Training on International Standards of Policing from 20.12.2011 to 21.12.2011 at CPO Auditorium Hall

so in that future any information of every FIR could be made online.

Crimes Branch conducted a raid and recovered 1.71 Kgs Heroin and arrested 4 accused persons during last 24 hours

Police arrested 1 Proclaimed Offender, 11 absconders and 3 accused persons wanted in various cases during last 24 hours.

Rao Amin Hashim Inspector General of Balochistan inaugurated Computer Based Training (CBT) Centre of Police Training College Sariab Quetta on 29-09-2011.

The IGP has directed that all trainees of pre-service / in-service courses will undergo Computer Based Training in Police Training College, Quetta.

The IGP further directed that Commandant PTC Sariab will include the CBT Programme in the syllabus of all courses.

The IGP also directed that trainee who fails to qualify the Computer Based Training, he will be declared as fail in the in-service / pre-service course which he has undergone.

UNODC has established Computer Based Training (CBT) Centre at Police Training College Sariab Quetta. The CBT aims to support capacity development of law enforcement agencies in Pakistan to counter criminal activity through the introduction

In 2012, UNODC will also provide fully equipped CBT Centre in Headquarter Police Line Quetta.

District Kalat ...


Kalat background

Kalat background

Kalat was notified as a district on February 3, 1954. At that time Khuzdar and Mastung districts were sub-divisions of Kalat (which then also included Bolan, Jhall Magsi and Dera Murad Jamali; these were seperated in 1965 as Kachhi District). Khuzdar became a separate district by notification of 1st March 1974, while Mastung was announced to be separate district on 18th February 1992. The district draws its name from the ancient  city of Kalat. The old name of the district headquarters was Kahan. The current district consists of two sub-divisions, i.e. Kalat and Surab, five tehsils: Kalat Mangochar, Johan, Gazgz, and Surab, 81 patwar circles and 614 mauza (villages). The total area of the present Kalat district is 6,621 sq. km.

 

The only outstanding historical event of the district is the march of Alexander the Great, who retreated in 325 B.C through Lasbela and the Mekran, while a second division of his army passed through the Moola pass. After Alexander’s death the country fell to Seleucus Nicator and later on passed from his descendants to the Graeco-Bactrian kings, who were overthrown by a central Asian power, the Sakas, about 130 B.C. About this time Buddhism, of which many traces are still to be found, flourished in the area. The empire of the Sassanians which followed, expanded slowly towards the east. The areas forming the districts of Chagai, Kharan and north-western parts of Kalat were not conquered till the time of Nausherwan (529-577A.D.).

It is said that a Hindu dynasty, called Sewa, ruled over this part of the country prior to the 7th century. Kalat is still known as Kalat-i-Sewa.

The Arabs had reached the Mekran before 711A.D, when Muhammad Bin Qasim conquered the whole of Sind and Balochistan, including Kachhi, and the whole of Kalat in 712 A.D. The Arabs’ power lasted until the end of the 10th century. Shortly afterwards the country is mentioned as forming part of the empire of the Ghaznavids from whom it passed on to the Ghoris. In 1223 A.D., the eastern part of Baluchistan came within the sphere of the raids of Chengiz khan, when the Mongol expedition penetrated towards the south. Sometime later the country, including the plain of Kachhi, came under the rule of Sultan Altamash of Delhi, but it appears to have reverted soon to the Mongols. In the north, at the end of the 14th century, Pir Muhammad, the grandson of Timur, was engaged in fighting the Afghans of the Sulaiman mountains. During the succeeding century the Balochs extended their power to Kalat, Kachhi and parts of the western Punjab. At  the same time the Brahuis had been gradually gaining strength and their little principality at this time extended upto Wadh (Khuzdar). From 1556 to 1595 the country was under the Safavids of Persia. In the time of Akbar, the area upto Kachhi was part of the Mughal Empire and from 1638 A.D, it again remained under the sovereignty of the Safavids until the rise of the Ghilzai power.

 

Meanwhile the Baloch and Brahui territory (comprising the present district of Kalat) was consolidated into an organized state under the Ahmedzai khans of Kalat. The Mirwaris (from whom the Ahmedzais are descendants) were living in Surab near Kalat and having taken Kalat from the former Hindu rulers of the Sewa dynasty, extended their power thence. They fell for a short time under the power of the Mongols, but later regained and held Kalat, for some generations until the rise of Mir Ahmed, the progenitor of the Ahmedzai family in 1666--70 A.D., who have since held the Khanate of Kalat. During the first part of the 19th century, Nadir Shah made several expeditions to or through north eastern Balochistan. It was at this time that Mir Nasir Khan I (who is the historical hero of the Brahuis and is known as Nasir Khan, the Great ) ascended the throne of  Kalat. His rule was vigorous, although his political position was that of the head of a confederacy of chiefs and not that of a sovereign ruler. During the 44 years of his reign (1750--94 ) the Brahvi power reached its zenith. The Khanate extended to the districts of Quetta, Kalat, Harrand and Dajal. Nasir Khan asserted his authority over Panjgur, Kej Kasarkand, Dizak and Kharan. His death was followed by half a century of internal strife, decay and disintegration, during which, however, the Khanate survived together with the nominal sovereignty of the successors of  Ahmed Shah Durrani. By then nearly the whole of the area came under the British rule.

 

The political connection of the British with Kalat commences from the outbreak of the first Afghan War in 1839, when this area was traversed by a British army from Sind and afterwards occupied. In the British attack on Kalat in 1840, Mir Mehrab Khan, the ruler was killed. His son, Mir Nasir Khan II was later  raised to the masnad by the tribesmen and regained possession of Kalat. In 1842, consequent upon the British withdrawal from Afghanistan the occupied districts were returned to the Khan of Kalat. The British negotiated with the Kalat State in 1854 and according to the terms of the treaty British political agents were deputed to Kalat during the next  twenty years. In 1874 Sir Robert Sandeman was sent to Balochistan whose policy was one of conciliatory intervention, tempered with lucrative employment and light taxation. Shortly afterwards he was able to conclude with Khan Khudadad Khan of Kalat the treaty of 1876, which brought Kalat under the British sovereignty and provided stronger political control. To consolidate the territorial extension already made, Baluchistan was made a separate agency under an agent to the Governor General. At the end of the Second Afghan War by the treaty of Gandamak (May, 1879 ),Pishin, Sibi, Harani, and Thal-Chotiali were ceded by Amir Yaqub Khan of Kabul to the British Government. During the succeeding years, expeditions were led against the Lalars of Zhob and Bori and the chiefs of Shirani and those areas were occupied. In 1887, all these areas were declared to be the British territory.

 

In 1883, the Quetta Niabat (comprising the present Quetta Tehsil ) and the Bolan Pass were permanently taken on lease by the British from Kalat State. In 1899, Nushki and in 1903, the area irrigated by the Sind canals, known as the Nasirabad Sub-Division was similarly acquired from the Kalat State on a perpetual lease. In 1940 the relation between the Kalat  Khanate and the Chiefdom of Kharan became strained and there were clashes between them in Warjak and Khudabadan villages. The British authorities intervened and a settlement was effected under which Kharan was recognized as a separate minor state under the direct control of the British Political Agent.

 

In early 1948, Kalat state formally acceded to Pakistan and became part of the Balochistan State Union. In October 1955 with the unification of the provinces of the Punjab, N.W.F.P., Sind and Balochistan, the State of Kalat, alongwith the other states of the Balochistan States Union were merged into one province while Kalat became a separate district and was placed in the charge of a Deputy Commissioner in 1954.

 


Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in E:\Domains\b\balochistanpolice.gov.pk-1082380617\user\htdocs\disttprofiles\kalat.php on line 145

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\PHP-5.2.17\pear') in E:\Domains\b\balochistanpolice.gov.pk-1082380617\user\htdocs\disttprofiles\kalat.php on line 145